Safe and Secure
Data security is our top priority.
- Trevor does not store a copy of your database. We send SQL over the wire and only retrieve the returned results. Your data stays safely and securely in your database.
- All SQL / results are transmitted using SSL security, and all connections use a read-only transaction (Trevor cannot, and will not, write to your database or update / alter it in any way).
- You connect your database to Trevor by entering your database (or SSH) credentials. These are kept strictly private and are securely encrypted using industry standard 128-bit AES Encryption.
- When you export query results from Trevor, the results are temporarily cached to improve performance and protect your database from too much traffic. These results are cached (using a version 4 cryptographically strong pseudo random UUID) for up to a few hours, before being automatically and permanently deleted.
In The Right Hands
Trevor enables you to work safely with others.
- Only team members you specifically invite can view your data in Trevor. They cannot view your credentials or invite other users (unless you explicitly make them an administrator). You can revoke access at any time.
- Invited team members authenticate using their Google or company email accounts. We do not store your passwords. Authentication is done using BCrypt hashing.
- You can set table / column level permissions for your company, specific teams, or specific individuals (row-level permissions are also possible).
- You can control query limits for your team, including row export limits and query timeouts.
Have a question?
We love speaking with you. Get in contact with us through the Intercom, or by emailing support. Let's start the conversation. @trevormydata.com